Hanmer Salsa Winter Fest 2020
The 25th Annual Hanmer Hot Springs Alpine Salsa Winter Festival
Date: Fri 28th & Sat 29th August 2020
Latin Dance Party & Workshop Winter Weekend Getaway
Dancers from all around New Zealand inc; Christchurch, Dunedin, Westcoast, Blenheim, Nelson, Wellington, Auckland & further abroad will combine this year and spend an awesome snowy winter holiday dance weekend in Hanmer to move to the rhythms of Salsa, Bachata, Zouk, Kizomba, Merengue & Cha at the Alpine Hanmer Springs Memorial Hall in New Zealand. Come join us for the "Road Trip to Hanmer Springs", which is a beautiful alpine village, where you can enjoy the hot pools and snow. "It's hot both inside the pools and hotter at the Salsa Ball".
Everyone is welcome to join in, no matter if you're a beginner, seasoned dancer or have never danced before, there is something available for you. All ages are welcome too, including kids, which also have Free entry to the parties.
Accomodation & Travel Tips:
A great way to cut costs down, is to share rides & Accomodation with other dancers. We recommend contacting Hanmer Holiday Homes or Air Bnb and share a house.
If you are posting to share rides, or have a room to advertise for this event so you can share a house, or if you are looking for these, please join or add your ad in this facebook group www.facebook.com/groups/hanmersalsa ............ Read more tips & Faq's on this page here >
Hanmer Salsa Winter Fest 2020 - Huge Success.
We had an amazing weekend, the event continued with the same amazing vibe as usual considering alert level 2. Special thanks to all the helpers, organisers, participants & teachers including Greydis who was incredible. Get ready for a bigger and better 2021... see the theirfacebook page for video & images coming soon >
COVID IMPORTANT UPDATE 28/820:
Hanmer Salsa Winter Festival is going ahead in Level-2 with Partner Dancing
As per the MOH guidelines and guidelines for Contact sport at Level 2 Sport NZ
Alert Level 2 references from this post here, which includes a link to the offical website >
Covid 19 Alert level 2
Sport NZ – play, active recreation and sport at level 2
Specific enquiry with MOH confirming partner dancing is allowed at Level-2
There are also a number of schools and other events still running as normal with partner dancing and swapping partners but with 100 limits in venue spaces.
On the Hanmer Salsa Winter Festival page we have recently shared and posted on our facebook page 19th August detailing how partner dancing can happen in level-2 from Masha 'Dance Hub' who has had also direct contact from MOH. If you have concerns and wish to read and understand this please see the link off this facebook post here >
At Alert Level-2 contact is possible
Contact including partner dancing is possible with this event, if health measures are observed, which will include but is not limited to:
hand and surface sanitisation
masks are optional
if you are sick stay at home
Pass holders will have priority entry
For those that have bought passes online you will have priority to gain entry. But please register and collect your wristband early to streamline the process for entry to workshops and parties. Casual ticket purchases available only if the number of tickets sold for each workshop or party does not exceed 100 in total.
Event Check-in Process:
- Proceed through the Covid check in desk on each entry – sanitise and fill in contact racing register
- Full pass holders will receive event wristband and have priority entry to the event
- Casuals can purchase workshop or party passes on the day only if they are available – cash purchases only
- Numbers in and out of the hall will be monitored ensuring no more than 100 people in attendance at any one time.
- To ensure an accurate count of numbers at each workshop you will be required to exit the hall and re-checkin for each workshop.
- Make sure you wash hands and use hand sanitiser when you can & please so stay home if you are sick.
- People at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19, for example those with underlying medical conditions and those considered to be at risk eg. older people, are encouraged to take additional precautions such as below.
- Masks are welcome but not required as we know every person in our dance scene and will be registered in this event for the weekend.
- You are also welcome to dance with one partner if you choose not to be part of the partner rotation/swapping in classes.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Level-3 For those in Auckland, please contact us for a refund or you can choose to park your ticket for next year.
- Level -2 For those in these areas the event cancellation policy applies https://www.hanmersalsa.com/shop
However, if you are not comfortable to attend the Event at the Level 2 then there also might be an option in some circumstances to be able to park your ticket for next year’s event, but you need to submit this prior to the start of the event. Please contact us through this form here >
Full Passes are now finished
Expired on midnight 24th August - you cannot buy a full pass at the event but you can buy individual classes & party passes, depending on the numbers, please read the above information regarding this.
50 Early Bird Passes Sold out
These sold out a few weeks ago - be early next year! .. or look our for people selling theirs on our facebook group that can't make it.
Dance Teachers Lineup for 2020
Greydis - Cuba / Rotorua
Reuben - Chch
Miléna - Caribbean / chch
Sebastian - Chile / AK
& Ellie - Auckland
Friday Warmup Party
Salsa Warmup Party, kicking off the event with a great night of dancing:
Salsa, Bachata, Kizomba, Merengue. Cha Cha. Everyone is welcome
Latin Dance Classes or Specialised Workshops in various styles & dance levels.
Beginner / Open Level Latin dance class, ideal for anyone of any level can join in, even absolute beginners.
Saturday Salsa Ball
The Main Salsa Party of the event, solid dancing all night, great DJ's playing the latest & greatest Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Everyone is welcome.